Founded in 1991 by Alexes Shostac, with 30 attendees at the Los Angeles Westside Pavilion, Alexes stood in front of a podium and said "My name is Alexes and I am an addict." From there Village Addicts Anonymous (V.A.A) became a popular social club for Department 56 village collectors in Los Angeles, Orange, and Ventura counties.
Village Addicts Anonymous is a proud chapter of the National Council of Department 56 Clubs (NCC) where members meet to share information of new Department 56 releases, participate in village display workshops, share knowledge of secondary markets, enjoy raffles/door prizes and live auctions at every meeting, can buy/sell/trade houses and accessories at every meeting, enjoy club trips, and attend open houses to see member's holiday displays.
Meetings are held on the 1st Saturday of February, April, June, August, October, and December.
< Get the latest news from the NCC
Saturday, April 4, 2020
Robert M. Wilkinson Senior Citizen Center
8956 Vanalden Avenue
Northridge, CA 91324
There are two more Christmas Open Houses to attend. See events page for details.
Stay tuned for upcoming Spring & Easter Open Houses.
A coach bus trip to CITY LIGHTS in San Diego is being planned for September! Stay tuned for details.
$28 Individual Annual Membership
$35 Household Annual Membership
- Receive The Village Addict Gazette
- Affiliation with the National Council of Department 56 Clubs (NCC)
- Participation in village display workshops
- Exclusive information on dealers, special events, and club trips
- Open House tours of member's Halloween and Christmas displays
- Information on National Conventions and Collectible Shows
- Meet other people who are as crazy about Halloween and Christmas